GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE
Grievance Redressal for SC/ST is formed in college, in order to claim accountability, responsiveness, user-friendliness and healthy working atmosphere for the staff and students of the community. The committee helps students as well as the employees to record their complaints, if any and solve their problems related to academics, resources and personal grievances. Ragging complaints are handled as per the anti-ragging rules of Govt. of India Guidelines. Woman harassment complaints handled as per government guidelines by respective section.
Objectives and Functions
- Encouraging the SCs/STs employee/student to express their grievances freely and frankly without any fear of being victimized.
- Entertain written signed complaints and petitions of SCs/STs students/staff in respect of matters directly affecting them individually or as a group.
- Ensure grievances are registered and acknowledged promptly through a unique file identification number for future reference.
- Enquiry into the grievances, making recommendations, and reporting to the concerned authorities.
- Monitoring the progress of disposal of the grievance.
- Ensuring disposal of grievances within the time frame. If unsolved within the time frame the coordinator of the committee will report to the ombudsman of the university.
- Dealing with every grievance in a fair manner.
- Ensuring a reasoned and an optimistic reply for every grievance rejected.
- Recommending appropriate action against complainant, if allegations made in the documents are found to be baseless.
- Collection of the feedbacks from the complainant.
- Monitoring the publication of annual report.